When we start an e-commerce website, we want to get it right. We want our customers to find the website easy to use and to recommend the site to their friends. Here are 7 e-commerce website features that will help make your visitors into satisfied customers:
The very first feature of the website is that it must be user friendly. Visitors must be able to get to what they want quickly and easily. This ease of navigation should also by multi-faceted, what one consumer finds easy another may find tricky; so maximize the opportunity for people to love the site and ensure different methods to get around the site work equally well.
- Visual navigation is a great way to include that helps customers find what they want quickly.
- Alphabetical lists.
- A good search function is essential to include a good, user-friendly search function. Especially useful if it has auto-complete.
- Additions such as categories, comparison facilities and filters really help the consumer.
Mobile Phone & Computer Users
Don’t be tempted to create a mobile phone friendly site at the detriment of a laptop or PC user. Up to 50% of purchases are via mobile phone users, that means that computer users are making over 50% of online purchases. There are few things more annoying for a PC user than trying to navigate a site designed for phone use only.
It’s a savvy seller who not only ensures robust, up-to-date site security but promotes the fact to visitors as reassurance that this is a safe place to shop. Including the following security features not only makes it safer for your business but builds trust from the consumer.
- Use a firewall: A firewall is essential security software that monitors all incoming and outgoing traffic going through your network. The firewall works to stop anything that might put you or your system at risks, such as hackers, malware, or unauthorized outgoing information.
- SSL certificate: An SSL certificate that is up-to-date works to ensure secure connectivity between the website and the visitor. Many consumers know to check that there is the HTTPS and green lock in the address bar to show they can trust the online store and that their payment details are safe.
- Two-factor authentication: This creates an extra layer of security. A username and password are required, and a system-generated code gets sent to the user via email or text.
People love recommendations, having genuine customer reviews that are easy to access for the products on offer.
Useful algorithms that link to genuinely related products will add value and sales. Whatever you are selling there is the opportunity to upsell whilst also providing a service to your customers.
A Shopping Experience
Make your website a shopping experience they want to tell their friends about and return to again. Including a wish list is a critical way to build customer loyalty and keep people coming back.
Good Quality Photos and Plenty of Them
Photos need to be high-resolution and optimized for good, fast page load. It is good practice to include multiple images per product using various angles and a zoom facility if possible.
By incorporating the above e-commerce website features you are setting yourbussiness up for success.